College of Marin has begun the transition to Banner 9, which offers modern interfaces, improved navigation and new capabilities. To learn more, please check out the Welcome to Banner 9 video (2 mins) and What's New in Banner 9 resources.
Banner 9 includes two primary components:
- For staff using Banner back-end: Banner 9 Administrative Applications web pages will replace Banner 8 Internet Native Banner (INB) forms.
- For faculty, students and other MyCOM users: Banner 9 Self Service Applications web pages will replace Banner 8 Self Service (SSB) web pages; additionally, new features and functionality were added.
Banner 9 will be rolled out in two phases.
- Phase I will focus on the Banner 9 Administrative Applications upgrade. This phase is scheduled to be completed before the Fall 2018 term.
- Phase II will focus on the Banner 9 Self Service Applications upgrade. A start date for this phase, as well as additional details, will be announced later.
After Phase I is complete, most Banner 8 INB forms and Banner 9 administrative pages will co-exist until Banner 8 is retired on Nov 1, 2018. A detailed plan with milestones and deadlines will be provided to department managers.
Employees are strongly encouraged to sign up for an Ellucian Hub account (previously known as an Actionline account) if they do not already have one. A Hub account provides access to Ellucian's Banner 9 Guide, which is a comprehensive repository for Banner 9 training materials, webinars and more. Users may want to visit the guide's Available Application page that organizes resources by functional area. For Phase I, users should focus on Administrative Application functional links.
- Welcome to Banner 9 video (2 mins)
- What's New in Banner 9
- Getting Started with Banner 9 video (14 mins)
- Getting Started with your Administrative Applications
- Keyboard Shortcuts